Tuesday 1 January 2013

Further Reading?

A quick call for help from anyone who reads this blog and might be willing to put in a bit of time to support a larger project of mine which is currently in its early stages. I'm writing a book length study of the representations of mental illness and mental health issues in gaming, of all stripes. I'm not quite sure at the moment how I'm going to go about publishing it, and it may end up just as a series of long blog posts, but that's part of what I could do with some help on.

What would be really helpful is if I could get a few people to read the first draft of one of my early chapters and let me know if I'm writing at the right level, and if I'm hitting the right sort of points. Ideally I'd like to know from people both with and without experience of both gaming and mental illness to find out if I'm getting both accessibility and accuracy right for the subject areas, so that probably covers everyone.

Any help would be much appreciated. In the meantime, I'm brewing up a post looking at and comparing L.A. Noire and Deadly Premonition, the two detective games I played in 2012. Should be fun, and over analysed as usual.

No comments:

Post a Comment